- Location: Ruthin, North East Wales
- Position: Accountant
- Salary: Competitive
- Date posted: 8th Feb 2021
- Vacancy type: Permanent
Operating for over 50 years, Jones Bros Group is an award-winning civil engineering company based in North Wales. Providing complete civil engineering solutions for a range of projects across the UK, we have an extensive track record in Renewables and energy, Waste management facilities & landfill engineering, Highways & Rail, Infrastructure including business and industrial parks and Flood, Coastal & Marine Infrastructure.
With a workforce of over 500 people across all project delivery trades and grades, we use the latest civil engineering techniques to minimising the environmental impact of our work, we lead the way in progressive engineering. So, join us as we continue to grow and we’ll recognise the part you play.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing team and will suit an individual who is professional, proactive, motivated and forward-thinking with the ability to support a fast-paced and friendly team.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Accountant will play a key role at month end and year end (in analysing and presenting financial data to the business). As the Accountant you will be involved in preparation of monthly management accounts, overall accountability for the month end process as well as supporting detailed analysis for key functions of the business. Responsibilities will include:
- Production of monthly Management Accounts within prescribed timetable, including preparation of the monthly Board packs, as well as delivering tasks within the month end cycle.
- Perform variance analysis along with commentary
- Responsible for the sign off of all steps in the month end close timetable for stakeholders under their responsibility.
- Analyse financial information to assist business profitability and growth
- Prepare Balance Sheet reconciliations and proactively follow up on any outstanding issues
- Reporting and KPI development
- Quarterly VAT Returns for the GROUP
- Manage transfers for internal projects
- Monitor credit card expenses– ensure all credit card transactions are costed for month end. Escalating any issues to the Finance Manager.
- Monthly/Quarterly Balance Sheet Reconciliation for the GROUP
- Weekly review of supplier and subcontractor payments
- Strong involvement in the day to day work of finance, AP and AR.
- Purchase Ledger – support accounts payable team with the day to day Invoice/GRNI Queries
- Prepare PQQ – Pre qualification questionnaire for a tender
- Monitor Credit Insurance for new and existing customers
- Provide guidance and support to business departments as required
- Assist with the preparation of the annual audit file and requests during the audit
- Assist with the implementation of new finance policies and controls within the Group
- To undertake any other ad hoc project work as requested by the Finance Manager
What we are looking for
- You must be able to demonstrate strong experience achieved in a similar role within management accounts
- ACA/ACCA, CIMA Part-Qualified Accountant
- The ability and experience to analyse, interpret data, and present it effectively to various audiences to inform decision-making.
- Ability to challenge when necessary
- Highly numerate and analytical with excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required to effectively advise, support and challenge senior managers.
- Disciplined and organised.
- An independent thinker with the analytical ability to solve complex problems and issues
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- CIS – Construction Industry Tax knowledge would be beneficial
What you can expect in return
Jones Bros is a dynamic and forward thinking organisation and our flat management structure results in a flexible organisation where self-motivated, practical, problem solvers will thrive. We offer:
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package including company pension
- 21 days annual leave
- Support for any ongoing ACA, ACCA or CIMA study and professional registration costs covered.
Upload your CV, Covering Letter and Application Form