Assistant Quantity Surveyor
- Location: North England / Scotland
- Position: Assistant Quantity Surveyor
- Salary: Competitive
- Date posted: 15th Mar 2021
- Vacancy type: Permanent
Operating for over 50 years, Jones Bros Group is an award-winning civil engineering company based in North Wales. Providing complete civil engineering solutions for a range of projects across the UK, we have an extensive track record in Renewables and energy, Waste management facilities & landfill engineering, Highways & Rail, Infrastructure including business and industrial parks and Flood, Coastal & Marine Infrastructure.
With a workforce of over 500 people, we lead the way in progressive engineering and use the latest civil engineering techniques to minimise the environmental impact of our work. So, join us as we continue to grow and we will recognise the part you play.
Jones Bros seek an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join our team – initially working on the construction of the Kennoxhead Wind Farm development in South Lanarkshire.
So, if you are a newly qualified QS or an established Assistant QS then this role could be ideal for you.
With a client facing presence on site, you will assist the Commercial Manager with the day to day commercial functions and projects. You will be given plenty of exposure to a variety of matters in a supportive working environment.
We operate with a flat management structure and flexible organisation, so self-motivated and practical problem solvers will thrive. Key responsibilities include:
- Assist with sub-contract documentation so that it is completed for authorisation by the Commercial Manager.
- Assisting in the presentation of external valuations to the Client’s Representative.
- Assisting in preparation of pricing variations for agreement with the Client’s Representative.
- Assist the site team and Commercial manager with preparation of accurate cost reports, including subcontractor liabilities.
- Assist the site team and Commercial manager with preparation of accurate Cost Planning/Forecasting tool.
- Understand drawings and working toward competency in measurement of quantities where required.
- Prepare and manage subcontract accounts from inception to final accounts under the guidance of the Commercial Manager.
- Assist in the Subcontract procurement strategy and implementation.
- Ensure compliance with issuing of timely Payment and Pay less notices to Subcontractors.
- General commercial support to the site team.
The role is for permanent, full time employment.
What we are looking for
- More than two years of site based experience in a similar role.
- BSc (Hons) in Quantity Surveying (or similar). However, A-Level/ HND or equivalent plus cognate experience is also satisfactory and would be considered.
- Ideally a Main Contractor background in the Civil Engineering sector.
- Practical experience with at least one of the key standard forms of contract – NEC/FIDIC/JCT.
- Awareness of construction methodology.
- Computer literacy with good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and other Microsoft Office programmes.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines is crucial.
- Site based hours.
- Willing to travel where required and be site based (covering Northern England and Scotland).
- Full UK Driving Licence
What you’ll get in return
This is an opportunity that will reward you with a competitive reward package and support to meet your career potential. You can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package including company pension
- Support for professional development.
All our workplaces are Covid secure.
Upload your CV and Covering Letter