Construction Project Manager
- Location: UK Wide
- Position: Construction Project Manager
- Salary: Competitive
- Date posted: 3rd Mar 2021
- Vacancy type: Permanent
(Flexibility & willingness to travel essential)
Operating for over 50 years, Jones Bros Group is an award-winning civil engineering company based in North Wales. Providing complete civil engineering solutions for a range of projects across the UK, we have an extensive track record in Renewables and energy, Waste management facilities & landfill engineering, Highways & Rail, Infrastructure including business and industrial parks and Flood, Coastal & Marine Infrastructure.
With a workforce of over 500 people, we lead the way in progressive engineering and use the latest civil engineering techniques to minimise the environmental impact of our work. So, join us as we continue to grow and we will recognise the part you play.
As Project Manager at Jones Bros, you will be site based and report directly to the Contracts Manager or Contract Director. Working in a team, the successful candidate will manage and deliver projects.
As a company, we operate with a flat management structure. This means that you will be working within a flexible organisation where self-motivated and practical problem solvers will thrive. We will help you develop your knowledge and experience further, by providing plenty of exposure to a variety of matters in a supportive working environment. Key responsibilities include:
- Management of the Works Managers and Site Agents on the project. These roles will report directly to the Project Manager.
- Ensuring a “safety first” attitude underpins all operations undertaken for the Company to ensure the health and safety of the company’s personnel and any other people working or visiting site.
- Ensuring all activities are completed safely in compliance with the company’s health and safety policies and procedures.
- Ensuring any environmental protection matters are identified and implement the mitigating procedures and systems where appropriate.
- Ensuring company procedures and systems on quality, health & safety and the environment are implemented and complied with on site.
- Preparing quality, environmental and H&S construction plans in a timely manner.
- Liaise with and maintain existing client relationships and develop new where possible
- Planning, measuring, monitoring and reviewing the progress of contracts throughout the project’s lifespan and ensuring compliance with project’s budgets and programme
- Managing the project delivery team to ensure adequate plant, labour and subcontract resources are available in a timely manner to comply with project timescales.
- Interpreting engineering drawings and specifications and ensuring the accurate construction of the works in accordance with client requirements.
- Ensuring adequate plant, labour, subcontract and material resources are available in a timely manner to comply with the project’s timescales.
- Interpreting engineering drawings and specifications and ensuring the accurate construction of the works in accordance with client requirements
- Ensuring the timely procurement and payment of suppliers and subcontractors in accordance with company procedures and monitoring and reporting their performance, including financial, throughout the project.
- Preparing and submitting weekly reports on progress for review by the Site Agent or Project Manager, for inclusion in the project’s financial CVRs and forecasts to completion
- Identifying potential problem areas, and financial impact, in sufficient time to ensure adequate provisions have been made within forecast accounts
- Implementing solutions to resolve operational issues arising on a project.
- Actively resolve contractual issues with both clients and suppliers while also maintaining a good relationship.
- Ensuring the timely submission of interim and final accounts and releases of retentions and performance bonds with associated completion certificates.
- Mentoring and guidance for your team and operatives to fully develop their construction competencies.
What we are looking for
- Degree, HND or equivalent in Civil Engineering
- Demonstrable project management experience within highways, structures and drainage experience.
- Experienced in delivering infrastructure projects and managing whole or sections of a project.
- Experienced in working for a self-delivery civil engineering contractor
- Experienced in planning resources and setting resources to work safely and efficiently.
- Knowledge of plant working and training requirements.
- Good organisational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and negotiation skills.
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Project 2000, Project Costing Software, CAD and Terramodel surveying packages.
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills to write and present reports, prepare business management documents, and present information and responses while participating in meetings with clients and other parties.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in both mathematical or diagrammatic form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Willingness to travel to sites based as required.
What you’ll get in return
You can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package including company pension
- Discretionary Project Performance Bonus
- Private Healthcare
- Company Vehicle
All our workplaces are Covid secure.
Upload your CV, Covering Letter and Application Form