Contracts Manager (Electrical Infrastructure Works)
- Location: UK Wide
- Position: Contracts Manager (Electrical Infrastructure Works)
- Salary: Competitive
- Date posted: 25th Feb 2021
- Vacancy type: Permanent
Operating for over 50 years, Jones Bros Group is an award-winning civil engineering company based in North Wales. Providing complete civil engineering solutions for a range of projects across the UK, we have an extensive track record in Renewables and energy, Waste management facilities & landfill engineering, Highways & Rail, Infrastructure including business and industrial parks and Flood, Coastal & Marine Infrastructure.
With a workforce of over 500 people, we lead the way in progressive engineering and use the latest civil engineering techniques to minimise the environmental impact of our work. So, join us as we continue to grow and we will recognise the part you play.
With a large pipeline of grid connection projects for Offshore/OnShore Wind Farms and Solar Farms – Jones Bros is looking for a Contracts Manager (Electrical Infrastructure Works) to join our team. Reporting directly to the Contract Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all works are carried out in a Safe, high Quality and environmentally compliant manner, complying with all legal requirements and leading HSQE performance. Directly responsible for site safety through development, creation and implementation of project specific safety plans and organisational arrangements. Key responsibilities will include:
- Delivering the projects to the specification, programme and contract price in accordance with SPR procedures
- Ensure compliance with all Health, Safety & Environmental Regulations and comply with SPR procedures
- Management of a number of Project Delivery Teams with the total number of subordinates ranging from 5 to 20 people.
- Provide accurate project financial forecasts and project financial risk assessments on all portfolio projects. Manage and report on expenditures using company’s financial tools
- Responsible for managing onshore and offshore associated projects.
- Leading a multi-disciplined project team to deliver major infrastructure work packages, providing necessary guidance and leadership to effectively integrate all packages and ensure milestone requirements.
- Responsible for project financial and contractual governance.
- Responsible for tender packages preparation and tender return assessments
- Responsible for all contractor management, measurement and variation management across program in line with contract arrangements and conditions.
- Responsible for all pre-construction, set up and coordination of services, welfare facilities, lay down areas and access arrangements for the packages.
- Responsible for coordination of all commissioning activities on the works package.
- Development and modifications to program construction plans
- Support the ongoing development of the safety culture within the team and suppliers to ensure compliance with procedures and relevant safety legislation.
- Motivate, develop and review performance of team to deliver their maximum potential
- Directly responsible to provide/ procure all technical expertise and knowledge required to resolve site and project issues that jeopardise delivery.
- Carry out regular communications with the team to ensure knowledge sharing, business goals and project performance are well understood across the group.
- Production of regular departmental management reports to establish performance in service delivery, cost control and actions taken.
- Produce detailed programmes,
- Produce monthly reports
- Liaise directly with the client.
- Prepare tender packages for sub contract works
What we are looking for
- Degree, HND or equivalent in Civil Engineering
- Demonstrable relevant work experience within a similar role – which should demonstrate extensive experience in construction management, preferably with a focus on onshore activities relating to large scale Wind Farm.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong leadership skills
- Demonstrable experience of successfully delivering projects to time and budget.
- IT literate with the ability to operate MS Office systems
- Demonstrable experience of producing methodology documents as part of a tender
- Comprehensive knowledge of HSE legislation associated with onshore construction projects.
- Experience in Cable connection design and installation
- Good verbal and presentation skills
- Good understanding of contracts and legal requirements
- Demonstrable experience of Client/Stakeholder management
- Full, clean UK Driving Licence
- Willingness to work site-based hours and be willing to travel to sites across the UK as required.
What you’ll get in return
You can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package including company pension
- Discretionary Project Performance Bonus
- 25 days annual leave
- Company Vehicle
We can offer long-term career opportunities where your pay will increase as you gain more experience.
All our workplaces are Covid secure.
Upload your CV, Covering Letter and Application Form