- Location: UK Wide
- Position: Contracts Manager
- Salary: Competitive
- Date posted: 25th Feb 2021
- Vacancy type: Permanent
Operating for over 50 years, Jones Bros Group is an award-winning civil engineering company based in North Wales. Providing complete civil engineering solutions for a range of projects across the UK, we have an extensive track record in Renewables and energy, Waste management facilities & landfill engineering, Highways & Rail, Infrastructure including business and industrial parks and Flood, Coastal & Marine Infrastructure.
With a workforce of over 500 people, we lead the way in progressive engineering and use the latest civil engineering techniques to minimise the environmental impact of our work. So, join us as we continue to grow and we will recognise the part you play.
Jones Bros seeks a Contracts Manager to join us at a time of growth. Reporting directly to the Contracts Director, the Contracts Manager and team will make all resource arrangements ready for mobilisation to a project site ensuring all permissions are in place to start work. Key responsibilities include:
- Preparing tender packages for sub contract works
- Pricing up variations and compensation events
- Producing a detailed programme, construction phase Health & Safety plan, environmental management plan, test & inspection plan and cost plan ready for submission and approval by the client (with support from Project Managers and Site Agents).
- Client/Stakeholder management
- Dealing with any under performance and disciplinary issues in accordance with company policy.
- Planning labour and plant resources and developing budgets for delivery.
- Carrying out financial and programmes monitoring and reporting to ensure a constant liaison with the Jones Bros commercial team.
- Managing programmes for all contracts, review tender outputs and set targets and durations for construction operations. Review progress against programme and re-schedule target / completion programmes as and when required.
- Regularly monitoring actual cost vs planned budget and implementing corrective action quickly and effectively.
- Dealing with specification non-compliance and implement corrective action.
- Carrying out weekly project reviews
- Monitoring that HSE procedures and policy are being followed at all times on site to ensure compliance with standards and legislation.
What we are looking for
- Degree, HND or equivalent in Civil Engineering
- Demonstrable relevant work experience within a similar role – which should demonstrate extensive experience in construction management, preferably with a focus on onshore activities relating to large scale Wind Farm.
- Experience in Highways & Earthworks
- Experience of taking projects from tender right through to completion and handover
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong leadership skills
- Demonstrable experience of successfully delivering projects on time and budget.
- IT literate with the ability to operate MS Office systems
- Experience of producing monthly reports
- Good verbal and presentation skills
- Good understanding of contracts and legal requirements
- Demonstrable experience of Client/Stakeholder management
- Full, clean UK Driving Licence
- Willingness to work site-based hours and be willing to travel to sites across the UK as required.
- A candidate that started as a Site Engineer and worked through the ranks would be preferable
What you’ll get in return
You can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package including company pension
- Discretionary Project Performance Bonus
- 25 days annual leave
- Company Vehicle
We can offer long-term career opportunities where your pay will increase as you gain more experience.
All our workplaces are Covid secure.
Upload your CV, Covering Letter and Application Form