- Location: Redcar, North Yorkshire
- Position: Document Controller
- Salary: Competitive
- Date posted: 28th Apr 2021
- Vacancy type: Fixed Term until the end of January 2022
Operating for over 50 years, Jones Bros Group is an award-winning civil engineering company based in North Wales. Providing complete civil engineering solutions for a range of projects across the UK, we have an extensive track record in Renewables and energy, Waste management facilities & landfill engineering, Highways & Rail, Infrastructure including business and industrial parks and Flood, Coastal & Marine Infrastructure.
With a workforce of over 500 people, we lead the way in progressive engineering and use the latest civil engineering techniques to minimise the environmental impact of our work. So, join us as we continue to grow and we will recognise the part you play.
Jones Bros have an exciting opportunity to join us in the role of the Document Controller. In this role, you will ensure that all project related information / documentation is captured within the Electronic Document Management System and provide a consistent service to our construction project teams.
Key responsibilities include:
- Management of drawings and documents on both Pansophy (our document management system) and also on the client’s document management system
- Entering data on COINS – Construction Management System
- Assisting with meetings/minutes
- Ensuring all design information is controlled and maintained in a methodical manner and issued within set time scales via reporting.
- Provide assistance to the site team.
- Provide support with the project filing system and ensure company and project information management protocols and procedures are followed in accordance with the BMS.
- Build effective working relationships with all members of the site team, up to and including our Contract Director.
What we are looking for
- Demonstrable past experience in a similar role
- Strong experience of Document Control and Drawing Control – preferably in the Construction Sector for Civil Engineering Contractors
- Computer literate with knowledge/experience of Microsoft suite, i.e. outlook, word, excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work and communicate with all members of the site team and the wider team if required.
- Excellent attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A highly organised approach to work.
- The ability to effectively and proactively co-ordinate multiple activities under pressure.
- The ability to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines.
- The ability to work without supervision and use own initiative.
- Experience of COINS – Construction Management Software
What you’ll get in return
You can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package including company pension
All our workplaces are Covid secure.
Upload your CV, Covering Letter and Application Form