The project was primarily to enable existing gas wells to continue extracting gas, whilst having the ability to incorporate pneumatic pumps to assist with leachate control.
- Installation of a temporary manifold, surface laid 90mm lateral gas connections and associated connections to four recently drilled gas wells in the current live tipping area of the landfill
- Installation of 125mm gas extraction main with associated control valves and chambers
- Supply and installation of pumped well heads to five wells in the restored area of the landfill, with associated buried air and condensate connections
- Supply and installation of pumped well heads to two existing small diameter wells within the restored area, with associated buried air and condensate connections
- Installation of air and condensate discharge lines to facilitate the future fitting of pneumatic pumps in the small diameter wells
Work was completed in July 2011, on schedule.