- Location: North Wales / North West
- Position: Estimator
- Salary: Competitive
- Date posted: 11th Mar 2021
- Vacancy type: Permanent
Operating for over 50 years, Jones Bros Group is an award-winning civil engineering company based in North Wales. Providing complete civil engineering solutions for a range of projects across the UK, we have an extensive track record in Renewables and energy, Waste management facilities & landfill engineering, Highways & Rail, Infrastructure including business and industrial parks and Flood, Coastal & Marine Infrastructure.
With a workforce of over 500 people, we lead the way in progressive engineering and use the latest civil engineering techniques to minimise the environmental impact of our work. So, join us as we continue to grow and we will recognise the part you play.
As Estimator you will predominantly be based in our head office in Ruthin with visits to sites as required and will directly report to the Head of Commercial. The successful candidate will be responsible for estimating contract proposals.
Our flat management structure results in a flexible organisation where self-motivated, practical, problem solvers will thrive. Working in a team, the successful applicant will be given plenty of exposure to a variety of matters in a supportive working environment to develop knowledge and experience. Key responsibilities will include:
- Administrating tender documents.
- Ensuring all proposed contracts and terms and conditions are reviewed.
- Using the company estimating software to build up a bid price from our resource library.
- Preparing and following up enquiries for procurement of quotes from material suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Preparing and submitting quotations for work.
- Analysing drawings and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labour estimates.
- Maintaining tendering process and liaising with Contract Managers and other regional offices within the company.
- Compiling the tender documentation into the required format for submission.
- Visiting sites and recording information about access, drainage and topography, and availability of services such as water and electricity.
What we are looking for
- Demonstrable experience within estimating roles and exposure to a range of civil engineering projects.
- HND or degree in relevant subjects such as Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction, or Quantity Surveying. However we are also interested in speaking with those qualified by experience only.
- Experience in pricing Civil Engineering projects and using pricing software
- Comfortable working as part of team but also independently
- Strong awareness of the various forms of Construction contract (particularly NEC) and Method of Measurements used in the construction industry
- Familiarity with Construction Programmes
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines is crucial.
- Highly developed professional communication skills
- Strong computer literacy with good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Good time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Willingness to offer advice and guidance to others within the department
What you’ll get in return
We offer the opportunity to develop an interesting career within a progressive and successful business. You can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package including company pension
- With some remote working a realistic possibility, you will also visit some of our projects and sites as required.
- Support to further your professional training.
All our workplaces are Covid secure.
Upload your CV and Covering Letter