- Location: Ruthin, North East Wales
- Position: Finance Assistant
- Salary: Competitive
- Date posted: 25th Mar 2021
- Vacancy type: Permanent
Operating for over 50 years, Jones Bros Group is an award-winning civil engineering company based in North Wales. Providing complete civil engineering solutions for a range of projects across the UK, we have an extensive track record in Renewables and energy, Waste management facilities & landfill engineering, Highways & Rail, Infrastructure including business and industrial parks and Flood, Coastal & Marine Infrastructure.
With a workforce of over 500 people across all project delivery trades and grades, we use the latest civil engineering techniques to minimising the environmental impact of our work, we lead the way in progressive engineering. So, join us as we continue to grow and we’ll recognise the part you play.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing team and will suit an individual who is professional, proactive, motivated and forward-thinking with the ability to support a fast-paced and friendly team.
The Finance Assistant will report to the Finance Manager. The finance team is responsible for maintaining an efficient, organised and accurate finance function for the business and the Finance Assistant will be responsible for assisting with a variety of day-to-day financial operations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist preparation of monthly management accounts within the Jones Bros Group
- Assist with month and reporting, and production of the monthly board pack
- Raising sales invoices/certifications and allocating receipts to invoices. Resolving any sales invoice queries by liaising with internal management and customers.
- Liaising with accounts payable team
- Maintain cashbook and bank reconciliations
- Monitor and maintenance of credit insurance for new and existing customers.
- Manage retentions
- Maintenance & monitoring of the Aged Debtors
- Managing Cash collection
- Production of weekly debt reports for Finance Manager review and identify areas of risk
- Prepare and submit monthly/annual figures to the Office of National Statistics
- Assist with the preparation of year end audit file and analysis.
- Assisting the Finance Manager with finance projects and implementation of improved financial controls and procedures
- To undertake any other ad hoc project work as requested by Finance Manager
- Potential to expand into other areas and cover holidays for other team members.
What we are looking for
- You must be able to demonstrate strong experience achieved in a similar role
- You should be either AAT qualified or studying towards a professional accountancy qualification ACA/ACCA, CIMA
- A self-starter who is able to manage and prioritise deadlines as well as manage expectations upwards.
- Ability to challenge when necessary
- Highly numerate and analytical with excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required to effectively advise, support and challenge senior managers.
- Disciplined and organised
- Proven ability to drive change and embrace challenges
- Candidates must be highly motivated with the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Strong Excel skills required including v-lookups and pivot tables.
- CIS – Construction Industry Tax knowledge would be beneficial
- Experience of working in the construction industry preferred.
What you’ll get in return
Jones Bros is a dynamic and forward thinking organisation and our flat management structure results in a flexible organisation where self-motivated, practical, problem solvers will thrive. We offer our employees multiple opportunities to learn, develop and nurture successful careers with us. Some of our key benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package including company pension
- 21 days annual leave
- Support for any ongoing ACA, ACCA or CIMA study and professional registration costs covered.
All our workplaces are Covid secure.
Upload your CV, Covering Letter and Application Form