Finance Manager – Group Plant & Fleet
- Location: Ruthin, North East Wales
- Position: Divisional Accountant – Group Plant & Fleet
- Salary: Competitive
- Date posted: 19th Mar 2021
- Vacancy type: Permanent
Operating for over 50 years, Jones Bros Group is an award-winning civil engineering company based in North Wales. Providing complete civil engineering solutions for a range of projects across the UK, we have an extensive track record in Renewables and energy, Waste management facilities & landfill engineering, Highways & Rail, Infrastructure including business and industrial parks and Flood, Coastal & Marine Infrastructure.
With a workforce of over 500 people across all project delivery trades and grades, we use the latest civil engineering techniques to minimising the environmental impact of our work, we lead the way in progressive engineering. So, join us as we continue to grow and we’ll recognise the part you play.
Jones Bros has an exciting opportunity to join our growing team as a Finance Manager. This role will suit a professional, proactive and motivated individual.
Reporting to the Group Accountant, the Finance Manager will play a key role at month end and year end in analysing and presenting financial data to the business. There are no direct line management responsibilities (currently) – but you will need to support a fast-paced and friendly team. So you must be able to demonstrate strong experience within similar role.
In this senior role, you will oversee the Plant division from a finance point of view and be involved in preparation of monthly management accounts, have accountability for the month end process and also undertake detailed analysis into the plant and vehicle fleet (for performance insight). Key responsibilities include:
- Production of monthly Management Accounts within prescribed timetable, including preparation of the monthly Board packs, as well as delivering tasks within the month end cycle.
- Perform overhead variance analysis along with commentary
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of job card costing
- Responsible for the sign off of all steps in the month end close timetable
- Analyse financial information to assist business profitability and growth
- Prepare Balance Sheet reconciliations and proactively follow up on any outstanding issues
- Support capital expenditure programme through maintaining pricing records and other cost component data
- Management of the Group fixed asset register including additions, disposals, depreciation
- Maintain asset records including costs and rates within the ERP system
- Provide guidance and support to business departments as required
- Assist with the preparation of the annual audit file and requests during the audit
- Assist with the implementation of new finance policies and controls within the Group
- To undertake any other ad hoc project work as requested by the Finance Manager
- Reporting and KPI development including:
- Asset Whole life cost analysis
- Repair and maintenance performance
- Operational KPI reporting
What we are looking for
- You must be able to demonstrate strong experience achieved in a similar role.
- You should either be a fully qualified accountant or nearing completion in ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- The ability and experience to analyse and interpret data and present it effectively to various audiences to inform decision-making.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required to effectively advise, support and challenge senior managers.
- Ability to challenge when necessary
- Highly numerate and analytical with excellent attention to detail
- Clear analytical thinker, with the ability to solve complex problems and issues
- Disciplined and organised
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Experience within management accounts position in the Plant hire industry
What you’ll get in return
You can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package including company pension
- Support for any ongoing ACA, ACCA or CIMA study and any professional registration costs covered.
We can offer long-term career opportunities where your pay will increase as you gain more experience.
All our workplaces are Covid secure.
Upload your CV, Covering Letter and Application Form