Graduate Health & Safety Advisor
- Location: UK Wide
- Position: Graduate Health & Safety Advisor
- Salary: Competitive
- Date posted: 25th Mar 2021
- Vacancy type:
(Flexibility & willingness to travel essential)
Operating for over 50 years, Jones Bros Group is an award-winning civil engineering company based in North Wales. Providing complete civil engineering solutions for a range of projects across the UK, we have an extensive track record in Renewables and energy, Waste management facilities & landfill engineering, Highways & Rail, Infrastructure including business and industrial parks and Flood, Coastal & Marine Infrastructure.
With a workforce of over 500 people, we lead the way in progressive engineering and use the latest civil engineering techniques to minimise the environmental impact of our work. So, join us as we continue to grow and we will recognise the part you play.
Jones Bros seek a Graduate Health & Safety Advisor to join the team – initially working on the Dogger Bank Wind Farm site in Yorkshire.
This is an exciting opportunity at the beginning of their HSE career. Reporting to the relevant Contracts Director, Contracts Manager & Senior Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Manager – the successful candidate will provide HSE administrative and technical support to their appointed site. Responsibilities includes:
- HSE Management Plans – supporting the planning processes and production of key management plans including the Project Plan Workbook (PPW), Construction Phase Plan (CPP), Construction Environmental Management Plan (CEMP), Waste Management Plan, Devising & Approving RAMS etc
- Safety Briefings inductions and delivery team engagement – deliver site safety inductions to all site team and visitors, support the site team preparing and delivering tool box talks, behavioural safety programmes and safety briefings
- Technical Advice & Support – providing specialist advice, support and input where required to deal with specific project issues with planning, managing and monitoring HSE considerations
- Project Review – reviewing the project to identify opportunities and unusual risks, to be briefed to project management team
- Incident Management – assisting / delivering any part of the site based elements of the incident management process including incident control, notification and investigation
- HSE Compliance – ensuring compliance with HSE management system & procedures as part of the Business Management System both in self-delivering requirements, but also influencing behaviour, coaching & mentoring and compliance across the team. Providing guidance and solutions where shortfalls are identified
- HSE Monitoring – providing support in terms of project monitoring requirements, including regular HSE inspections & audits
- Risk Identification & Mitigation – as appropriate
- Record Keeping –including regular HSE progress and status reports
- Client Interface – satisfy client requirements by providing client HSE representation and attendance at progress meetings
What we are looking for
- Qualifications: NEBOSH General/Construction Certificate as a minimum
- Strong computer literacy
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office & SharePoint applications.
- Enthusiastic about health, safety and environmental issues and driving upwards standards
- Willingness to study and progress with HSE qualifications and competencies, working towards chartered status of IOSH
- Self-motivated, focussed, multi-task, well-organised and able to work to deadlines
- Effective at communicating with all levels of the workforce
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel & work at various sites across the UK (including overnight stays)
- Full, clean UK Driving licence
- Construction & Civil Engineering sector exposure
What you’ll get in return
You can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package including company pension
- Support for any ongoing work related study and the opportunity to progress in your HSE career.
We can offer long-term career opportunities where your pay will increase as you gain more experience.
All our workplaces are Covid secure.
Upload your CV, Covering Letter and Application Form