Group Plant & Fleet Manager
- Location: Ruthin, North East Wales
- Position: Group Plant & Fleet Manager
- Salary: Competitive
- Date posted: 14th Apr 2021
- Vacancy type: Permanent
Operating for over 50 years, Jones Bros Group is an award-winning civil engineering company based in North Wales. Providing complete civil engineering solutions for a range of projects across the UK, we have an extensive track record in Renewables and energy, Waste management facilities & landfill engineering, Highways & Rail, Infrastructure including business and industrial parks and Flood, Coastal & Marine Infrastructure.
The Group believes that an engineering-led, self-delivery based approach can provide the best solutions for its clients in terms of quality of product, service, control and flexibility (ultimately achieving optimal value and construction programme benefits). The Group places high importance on operating as principal contractor – in order to be well positioned to both understand and manage its client’s requirements.
With a workforce of over 500 people, we lead the way in progressive engineering and use the latest civil engineering techniques to minimise the environmental impact of our work. So, join us as we continue to grow and we will recognise the part you play.
With one of the largest self-delivery fleets in the UK, Jones Bros Group Plant provides mobile plant equipment to our various construction projects. The successful operation of the fleet is therefore critical to delivering our self-delivery based approach.
A key member of the senior management team, the successful candidate will provide leadership and strategic management of all Group Plant. Key responsibilities include:
- Service & Maintenance – Ensuring that the company’s fleet of vehicles, plant and equipment are serviced, maintained and tested to a high standard in a safe and efficient manner
- Fleet Business Requirements – Ensuring that the fleet (either Jones Bros fleet or supply chain fleet) is available and meets the performance requirements of our project delivery teams
- Legislative Compliance – Ensuring that the fleet and operation of complies with legislation. This includes engineering inspections, vehicle licensing, traffic commissioner requirements.
- Hire Management – Ensuring that hire requirements are received, recorded, planned, implemented and communicated in a timely and effective manner.
- Capital Investment – based on the investment/disposal criteria the post-holder would identity any required capital investments or disposals. In addition, complete any such additions or disposals at best value for Jones Bros Group.
- Safety – To protect our people from harm, by ensuring that the fleet conforms to best practice in terms of the safety features of the equipment.
- Insurance – Ensuring that the fleet and third party risks are insured (as appropriate) and that any subsequent claims are managed with insurers.
- Plant Operator Management – Ensuring that the plant operators for key operated plant are managed and allocated to equipment and project sites as appropriate. As well as supporting performance management and operative progression for employees in this team.
- Property Management – Ensuring that the office and workshop facilities used by Group Plant are of the required standard in terms of functionality, safety, organisation and cleanliness.
- Damage Management – Ensuring that robust processes and follow up procedures are in place to identify damage. Maintaining accountability from project teams or individuals where appropriate.
- Whole Life Cost Management – Identifying and implementing ways to reduce the whole life cost of our assets, through reduced cost of ownership or reduced service & maintenance cost per unit
What we are looking for
- Demonstrable experience of delivering change effectively at an operational, tactical and strategic level
- Flexible and agile to meet changing client and internal requirements
- Good commercial awareness
- Experience of understanding and delivering excellent client service
- Proven leadership of teams and excellent management and organisation ability
- Able to listen and identify improvements.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage workload to ensure delivery within time frames and budget
- Excellent communicator both written and verbal
- IT literate in MS Office and systems management software, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong team player willing to get involved with a wide variety of tasks and activities
- Ability to work independently to high standard with attention to detail
- Dynamic and able to adapt and deliver under high pressure and with limited information
- Understanding and operation of plant and fleet control systems.
What you’ll get in return
You can expect:
- Attractive Incentive Scheme
- Car Allowance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Contributory pension scheme & Death in Service Benefit
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Other: access to Bike to Work Scheme and Employee Assistance Programme
All our workplaces are Covid secure.
Upload your CV, Covering Letter and Application Form