Health, Safety and Environment Advisor
- Location: Scotland and Northern England
- Position: Health, Safety and Environment Advisor
- Salary: Competitive
- Date posted: 21st Oct 2020
- Vacancy type: Permanent
Initially based South Lanarkshire (M74 Corridor)
Permanent or Fixed Term Contract (minimum to September 2021)
The Jones Bros Group has been operating for over 50 years and predominantly provides complete civil engineering solutions for a range of projects across the UK with an extensive track record in Renewables and energy, Waste management facilities & landfill engineering, Highways & Rail, Infrastructure including business and industrial parks and Flood, Coastal & Marine Infrastructure.
To support of the delivery of these projects, we continue to develop our expertise, employing over 500 people across all project delivery trades and grades including engineers, project managers, contract programmers, works managers and operatives.
We have recently been appointed as Principal Contractor to deliver the Balance of Plant (BoP) at the Kennoxhead Wind Farm development in South Lanarkshire. We are looking for a HSE Advisor to work as part of the construction team, reporting to the Project Manager and Contracts Manager. As our site-based HSE Advisor you will occupy a key role within the team and perform a range of important functions contributing to the safe and compliant progress of this project.
Responsibilities will include:
- HSE Management Plans – supporting the planning processes and production of key management plans including the Project Plan Workbook (PPW), Construction Phase Plan (CPP), Construction Environmental Management Plan (CEMP), Waste Management Plan, Devising & Approving RAMS etc
- Safety Briefings inductions and delivery team engagement – deliver site safety inductions to all site team and visitors, support the site team preparing and delivering tool box talks, behavioural safety programmes and safety briefings.
- Technical Advice & Support – providing specialist advice, support and input where required to deal with specific project issues with planning, managing and monitoring HSE considerations
- Project Review – reviewing the project to identify opportunities and unusual risks, to be briefed to project management team
- Incident Management – assisting / delivering any part of the site based elements of the incident management process including incident control, notification and investigation
- HSE Compliance – ensuring compliance with HSE management system & procedures as part of the Business Management System both in self-delivering requirements, but also influencing behaviour, coaching & mentoring and compliance across the team. Providing guidance and solutions where shortfalls are identified
- HSE Monitoring – providing support in terms of project monitoring requirements, including regular HSE inspections & audits
- Risk Identification & Mitigation – as appropriate
- Record Keeping –including regular HSE progress and status reports
- Client Interface – satisfy client requirements by providing client HSE representation and attendance at progress meetings
To be considered, applicants should:
- Have demonstrable relevant Construction & Civil Engineering Experience, including some time spent working for a Tier 1 or Tier 2 Civil Engineering Contractor
- Hold a minimum of NEBOSH General Certificate
- Be a Member of IOSH (and working towards CMIOSH)
- Hold a full UK Driving Licence, and be willing to travel and be site based covering Northern England and Scotland.
- Possess strong computer literacy, including good working knowledge of the full Microsoft Office Suite
- Highly developed professional communication skills, including writing and presentation of reports, preparing relevant documents, and participating in a range of meetings
- Be able to confidently and effectively communicate with all levels of the workforce, contractors & and regulatory bodies
- Be self-motivated, focused, reliable, well-organised, flexible, and possess a good team working ethic
In return, we offer a very interesting opportunity within a progressive and successful business, together with a very competitive salary and benefits package. Visit our website at www.jones-bros.com
Email your CV, Covering Letter and Application Form
Send all completed documents, clearly stating the role you are applying for in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org