Health, Safety and Environment Assistant
- Location: Ruthin, North Wales
- Position: Health, Safety and Environment Assistant
- Salary: Competitive
- Date posted: 11th Nov 2020
- Vacancy type: Permanent
The Jones Bros Group has been operating for over 50 years and predominantly provides complete civil engineering solutions for a range of projects across the UK with an extensive track record in Renewables and energy, Waste management facilities & landfill engineering, Highways & Rail, Infrastructure including business and industrial parks and Flood, Coastal & Marine Infrastructure.
To support of the delivery of these projects, we continue to develop our in-house expertise, employing over 500 people across all project delivery trades and grades including engineers, project managers, contract programmers, works managers and operatives. We take career development and progression very seriously, and continual professional development is encouraged. For example, some of the most senior positions in the Company are occupied by our former Apprentices, including our Contracts Directors.
We now seek a Health, Safety and Environment Assistant to provide administrative and technical support to the HSE Team and report to the Senior Health, Safety & Environment Manager.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provision of administrative support to manage, monitor and maintain all ISO standards
- Providing support to the business ISO champions
- Inputting, analysing and manipulating data as required to identify trends and for input into HSE reports, procedures, presentations, work winning, tenders etc.
- Liaising with the Senior Health, Safety & Environment Manager to update or develop new HSE initiatives, processes and supporting procedures
- Reviewing site documentation as required
- Support the business with incident investigations
- Updating and maintaining the legal register database, the incident/investigation database, and the inspections/audits database
- Liaising with support function and site management to ensure action plans from inspections and investigations are recorded correctly and closed out
- Compiling and issuing HSE reports and communications as required
- Registering new sites with third party inspection companies and monitoring their inspection frequency
- Forming part of energy team meetings and facilitating energy data and reports
- Registering sites with the Considerate Constructors Scheme, ordering products and recording results on the database
- Updating and maintaining Occupational Health records including DSE & face-fit RPE database
- Developing, writing and issuing bilingual occupational health awareness posters
- Inputting data for tenders, pre-qualification questionnaires, award submissions and accreditation schemes
- To visit and support sites, as required
To be considered, applicants should preferably hold a NEBOSH General / Construction Certificate, and be able to demonstrate some experience already gained within a HSE or other support function position. In addition, you will:
- Possess strong computer literacy, with good knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite & SharePoint applications
- Be able to diligently and accurately record information in a timely manner
- Be self-motivated, focused, well-organised and able to multi-task and work to deadlines
- Demonstrate enthusiasm about health & safety and environmental issues
- Be an effective, confident communicator with all levels of the workforce
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
In return, we offer the opportunity to develop a long-term career within a progressive and successful business, and a very competitive salary and benefits package.
Email your CV, Covering Letter and Application Form
Send all completed documents, clearly stating the role you are applying for in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org