- Location: North Wales / North West
- Position: Quantity Surveyor
- Salary: Competitive
- Date posted: 11th Mar 2021
- Vacancy type: Permanent
Operating for over 50 years, Jones Bros Group is an award-winning civil engineering company based in North Wales. Providing complete civil engineering solutions for a range of projects across the UK, we have an extensive track record in Renewables and energy, Waste management facilities & landfill engineering, Highways & Rail, Infrastructure including business and industrial parks and Flood, Coastal & Marine Infrastructure.
With a workforce of over 500 people, we lead the way in progressive engineering and use the latest civil engineering techniques to minimise the environmental impact of our work. So, join us as we continue to grow and we will recognise the part you play.
We are looking for a Quantity Surveyor for sites located in the North Wales/North West area, using our head office in Ruthin as a base and reporting to the Commercial Manager and/or Project Manager. The successful candidate will join our commercial team for major projects in the UK across a variety of civil engineering sectors including highways, infrastructure, energy and renewables, coastal and marine and waste management.
Working in a team, the successful applicant will be given plenty of exposure to a variety of matters in a supportive working environment to develop knowledge and experience. Key responsibilities will include:
- Production of monthly applications for payment and ensuring timeous certification and payment.
- Input into monthly project reports including cost and value reporting, together with end of life forecasting.
- Subcontract procurement.
- Subcontract payments, compensation event management and final accounts.
- Change management including raising and valuing compensation events.
- Assisting with final account negotiations.
- General commercial support to the site team.
- Awareness of project planning techniques (MSP, P6).
- A sound working knowledge of various standard forms of contracts, focussing on the NEC.
What we are looking for
- HND or BSc (Hons) in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
- Familiar with Construction Contracts and how to administer them at a project level
- Experience in Cost management and forecasting
- Subcontract procurement experience
- Good knowledge of contract conditions within the construction industry
- A persuasive track record in commercially supporting the delivery of civil engineering projects.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines is crucial.
- Computer literacy with good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and other Microsoft Office programmes.
- High level of attention to detail.
What you’ll get in return
We offer the opportunity to develop an interesting career within a progressive and successful business. You can expect:
- Competitive salary.
- Benefits package including company pension.
- With some remote working a realistic possibility, you will also visit some of our projects and sites as required.
- Support to further your professional training including Chartered qualification (if required).
All our workplaces are Covid secure.
Upload your CV and Covering Letter