Site Agent – South Wales & South West England
- Location: South Wales & South West England
- Position: Site Agent
- Salary: Competitive
- Date posted: 3rd Mar 2021
- Vacancy type: Permanent
(Flexibility & willingness to travel essential)
Operating for over 50 years, Jones Bros Group is an award-winning civil engineering company based in North Wales. Providing complete civil engineering solutions for a range of projects across the UK, we have an extensive track record in Renewables and energy, Waste management facilities & landfill engineering, Highways & Rail, Infrastructure including business and industrial parks and Flood, Coastal & Marine Infrastructure.
With a workforce of over 500 people, we lead the way in progressive engineering and use the latest civil engineering techniques to minimise the environmental impact of our work. So, join us as we continue to grow and we will recognise the part you play.
Jones Bros are seeking a Site Agent to join our growing team. Site based and reporting directly to the Project Manager or Contract Manager, the successful candidate will work alongside the Site Foremen and Works Managers to manage and deliver a project. However, with a flat management structure you will be working within a flexible organisation where self-motivated, practical, problem solvers will thrive.
Working in a team, you will be given plenty of exposure to a variety of matters in a supportive working environment to develop knowledge and experience. Other key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring a “safety first” attitude underpins all operations undertaken for the Company to ensure the health and safety of the company’s personnel and any other people working or visiting site.
- Ensuring all activities are completed safely in compliance with the company’s health and safety policies and procedures.
- Ensuring any environmental protection matters are identified and assisting with implementing the mitigating procedures and systems where appropriate.
- Ensuring company procedures and systems on quality, health & safety and the environment are implemented and complied with on site.
- Preparing quality, environmental and H&S construction plans in a timely manner.
- Planning, measuring, monitoring and reviewing the progress of contracts throughout the project’s lifespan and ensuring compliance with project’s budgets and programme
- Managing the project delivery team to ensure adequate plant, labour and subcontract and material resources are available in a timely manner to comply with the project’s timescales.
- Interpreting engineering drawings and specifications and ensuring the accurate construction of the works in accordance with client requirements
- Ensuring timely submission of the necessary documentation for inclusion within the project health and safety file
- Ensuring the timely procurement and payment of suppliers and subcontractors in accordance with company procedures and monitoring their performance including financial throughout the project.
- Preparing and submitting weekly reports on progress for review by the Site Agent or Project Manager, for inclusion in the project’s financial CVRs and forecasts to completion
- Identifying potential problem areas, and financial impact, in sufficient time to ensure adequate provisions have been made within forecast accounts
- Providing sufficient and accurate information to the site Works Management and Foremen to ensure timely construction of the works
- Ensuring the timely submission of interim and final accounts.
- Actively resolve contractual issues with both clients and suppliers while also maintaining a good relationship.
- Ensuring the timely submission of project interim and final accounts and releases of retentions and performance bonds with associated completion certificates.
- Mentoring and guidance for junior members of your team and operatives to fully develop their construction competencies.
What we are looking for
- HNC or Degree in Civil Engineering or Equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of working as a Site Agent within the civil engineering construction industry preferably on on large earthworks and landfill projects
- Good organisational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and negotiation skills.
- Good knowledge of Project Costing Software and CAD. As well as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Project 2000.
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills to write and present reports, prepare business management documents, and present information and responses while participating in meetings with clients and other parties.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in both mathematical or diagrammatic form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Full, clean UK Driving Licence
- Willing to travel to sites UK wide as required.
- Good knowledge of LSS or NC4 surveying packages would be advantageous.
What you’ll get in return
We offer the opportunity to develop a long-term career within a progressive and successful business. You can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary Bonus
- Benefits package including company pension
- Company Vehicle
All our workplaces are Covid secure.
Upload your CV, Covering Letter and Application Form