- Location: North England/Scotland
- Position: Sub Agent
- Salary: Competitive
- Date posted: 16th Apr 2021
- Vacancy type: Permanent
Operating for over 50 years, Jones Bros Group is an award-winning civil engineering company based in North Wales. Providing complete civil engineering solutions for a range of projects across the UK, we have an extensive track record in Renewables and energy, Waste management facilities & landfill engineering, Highways & Rail, Infrastructure including business and industrial parks and Flood, Coastal & Marine Infrastructure.
With a workforce of over 500 people, we lead the way in progressive engineering and use the latest civil engineering techniques to minimise the environmental impact of our work. So, join us as we continue to grow and we will recognise the part you play.
Jones Bros has an exciting opportunity for a Sub Agent to join our team covering sites across the North of England and Scotland. You will initially be working on the Dogger Bank offshore wind farm project in the East Riding area of Yorkshire – which will be the world’s largest offshore wind farm when completed in 2026.
Responsibilities will include:
- Driving the construction phase of projects
- Leading, supervising and mentoring Site Engineering staff.
- Supervising and monitoring the site labour force and sub-contractors
- Preparing risk assessments and method statements
- Ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to
- Ensuring quality records necessary to meet quality requirements are maintained
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise
- Checking drawings and specifications
- Reviewing construction progress and performance
- Planning and prioritising construction resources (labour and plant) to support successful project execution
- Delivering project within programme and budget
- Fostering good relations and reputation with clients
- Must be able to maintain high standards in environmental awareness and behaviour.
- Monitoring and reporting progress against programmes.
- Being quality focused and delivering effective planning and right first time delivery.
What we are looking for
If you’re an experienced Site Engineer and want to work for a company that offers autonomy, along with the freedom to develop in your career? Then we want to speak to you.
- Degree, HND in in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Demonstrable successful experience at Site Engineer level in Heavy Civils.
- Thorough knowledge of construction procedures and working methods.
- Knowledge of Government legislation on all matters relating to safety and environment.
- Either looking to or have experience managing sections of work safely and to time and budget.
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership and management capabilities commensurate with Sub Agent role.
- Strong technical knowledge and able to make sure drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works before commence.
- Focused on delivering high standards of HSEQ and able to write risk assessments and method statements.
- Knowledge of cost vs value reporting.
- Professional communication skills, including writing and presentation of reports.
- Hold a full UK Driving Licence and be willing to travel where required
- Willing to travel and be site based covering Northern England and Scotland.
- Site based hours.
- Qualified to ICE Technician or Incorporated level or equivalent (preferred).
What you’ll get in return
You can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package including company pension & bonus
- Commercial vehicle
- Support for any ongoing professional development (where appropriate)
All our workplaces are Covid secure.
Upload your CV, Covering Letter and Application Form