Subcontract Accounts Clerk
- Location: Ruthin, North East Wales
- Position: Subcontract Accounts Clerk
- Salary: Competitive
- Date posted: 28th Apr 2021
- Vacancy type: Fixed Term until the end of January/Feburary 2022 (Maternity Cover)
Operating for over 50 years, Jones Bros Group is an award-winning civil engineering company based in North Wales. Providing complete civil engineering solutions for a range of projects across the UK, we have an extensive track record in Renewables and energy, Waste management facilities & landfill engineering, Highways & Rail, Infrastructure including business and industrial parks and Flood, Coastal & Marine Infrastructure.
With a workforce of over 500 people across all project delivery trades and grades, we use the latest civil engineering techniques to minimising the environmental impact of our work, we lead the way in progressive engineering. So, join us as we continue to grow and we’ll recognise the part you play.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing team and will suit an individual who is professional, proactive, motivated and forward-thinking with the ability to support a fast-paced and friendly team.
The Subcontract Accounts Clerk will report to the Finance Manager. The finance team is responsible for maintaining an efficient, organised and accurate finance function for the business and the Subcontract Accounts Clerk will be responsible for assisting with a variety of day-to-day financial operations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage and commit Subcontract Orders ensuring compliance with DRC (domestic VAT reverse charge) and CIS (Construction Industry Scheme)
- Assessment of (CIS) deduction and (DRC) on purchase ledger & Subcontractor Invoices
- Ensure weekly subcontract payments are processed accurately in timely manner.
- Production of monthly CIS statements for subcontractors
- Prepare and submit monthly CIS returns
- Contacting subcontractors with any queries and requesting credit notes were required
- Building and maintaining good relationship with suppliers and subcontractors
- Effectively managing the purchase ledger aged creditor reports
- Proactively and efficiently deal with internal and external queries
- Liaising with site management, commercial staff to resolve queries and facilitate approval
- Processing credit card transactions, including coding of receipts and invoices.
- Maintain cashbook and bank reconciliations
- Maintain Fixed Asset Register (Acquisition, Disposals, Depreciations)
- Manage Intercompany transactions between companies within the same organisation
- Managed timesheets for salaried staff
- Daily & weekly reporting
- Ad hoc financial analysis
What we are looking for
- You must be able to demonstrate strong experience achieved in a similar role
- Already worked within the construction industry
- Working knowledge of CIS – Construction Industry Tax and VAT reverse charge (DRC)
- Attention to detail and the ability to produce accurate work
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate clearly with varying groups of people and adjust your style accordingly
- A self-starter who is able to manage and prioritise deadlines as well as manage expectations upwards.
- Ability to challenge when necessary
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to build good working relationships with both external subcontractors and internal customers.
- Disciplined and organised
- Candidates must be highly motivated with the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent Excel skills required including v-lookups and pivot tables.
- You should either be a fully qualified or nearing completion in AAT
What you can expect in return
Jones Bros is a dynamic and forward thinking organisation and our flat management structure results in a flexible organisation where self-motivated, practical, problem solvers will thrive. We offer our employees multiple opportunities to learn, develop and nurture successful careers with us. Some of our key benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package including company pension
- 21 days annual leave
All our workplaces are Covid secure.
Upload your CV, Covering Letter and Application Form