- Location: UK Wide
- Position: Surveyor
- Salary: Competitive
- Date posted: 25th Feb 2021
- Vacancy type: Permanent
(Flexibility & willingness to travel essential)
Operating for over 50 years, Jones Bros Group is an award-winning civil engineering company based in North Wales. Providing complete civil engineering solutions for a range of projects across the UK, we have an extensive track record in Renewables and energy, Waste management facilities & landfill engineering, Highways & Rail, Infrastructure including business and industrial parks and Flood, Coastal & Marine Infrastructure.
With a workforce of over 500 people, we lead the way in progressive engineering and use the latest civil engineering techniques to minimise the environmental impact of our work. So, join us as we continue to grow and we will recognise the part you play.
Jones Bros are seeking a Surveyor to join our growing team. Reporting directly to the Project Manager or Contract Manager, the successful candidate will be required to undertake the following:
- General Surveying (Topographical Surveying and calculating quantities for excavation).
- Setting out of the works to the specification and tolerances stated within the contract.
- Reviewing drawings and construction information.
- Calculating quantities.
- Assisting with the preparation of any reports required by management or clients.
- Checking that the labour resources understand and follow the setting out information supplied to ensure most effective use and efficiency of materials and plant.
- Contributing to the supervision of in-house labour resources to ensure the most effective use and efficient completion of site activities.
- Helping to monitor Site Progress against the construction programmes.
- Maintaining compliance with the company’s quality assurance procedures to ensure achievement of company objectives – in particular, in relation to quality and health & safety matters.
- HNC or relevant surveying qualification.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a similar role within the civil engineering construction industry preferably on on large earthworks and landfill projects
- Highly competent in surveying and setting out techniques using Trimble GPS and Total Stations
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and negotiation skills.
- Good working knowledge of Project Costing Software, CAD and LLS or NC4 surveying packages. As well as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills to write and present reports, prepare business management documents, and present information and responses while participating in meetings with clients and other parties.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in both mathematical or diagrammatic form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Demonstrable ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines supported by strong organisational skills.
- Knowledge of HSE legislation.
- Full, clean UK Driving Licence
- You will work site-based hours and be willing to travel to sites across the UK when required.
- Experience of GPS Machine control would be advantageous
What you’ll get in return
We offer the opportunity to develop a long-term career within a progressive and successful business, and a very competitive salary and benefits package. You can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary Bonus
- Benefits package including company pension
- Company Vehicle
All our workplaces are Covid secure.
Upload your CV, Covering Letter and Application Form