Client: Conygar Haverfordwest Ltd
Contract value: £3.6m
Contract date: 2015
Section 278 works to facilitate access onto a 74-acre site for proposed housing and retail development on the outskirts of Haverfordwest.
- Creation of a new roundabout on the A487 and enlarging an existing one to allow for new access roads to/from future retail and housing developments
- Tarmac surfacing
- Construction of associated footpaths and cycle ways
- Installation of services to new development boundary
- Landscaping to roundabout to tie into PCC ‘gateway project’
- Associated street lighting, signage and safety barriers
- Pre start ecological works to relocate wildlife habitats, including slow worms
- Surface water drainage, attenuation (storage) drainage tank, foul water drains
All of the works constructed on a traffic sensitive section of the A487 entering Haverfordwest town.
Principle Quantities of the Project:
- Surfacing -11,000m2
- Kerbing -3,700 lin/m
- Bulk Excavation – 20,000m3
- Drainage – 1,900lin/m
A site visitor centre was also opened as part of Jones Bros’ pledge to engage with the local community. The visitor centre allowed residents to find out further information about the ongoing roadworks and infrastructure development work under way by Jones BrosWorks were supervised by Pembrokeshire County Council.