- Location: UK Wide
- Position: Works Manager
- Salary: Competitive
- Date posted: 26th Feb 2021
- Vacancy type: Permanent
(Flexibility & willingness to travel essential)
Operating for over 50 years, Jones Bros Group is an award-winning civil engineering company based in North Wales. Providing complete civil engineering solutions for a range of projects across the UK, we have an extensive track record in Renewables and energy, Waste management facilities & landfill engineering, Highways & Rail, Infrastructure including business and industrial parks and Flood, Coastal & Marine Infrastructure.
With a workforce of over 500 people, we lead the way in progressive engineering and use the latest civil engineering techniques to minimise the environmental impact of our work. So, join us as we continue to grow and we will recognise the part you play.
Jones Bros seek an experienced Works Manager/ Site Supervisor to join their team – initially working on the construction of onshore works for Dogger Bank Wind Farms in Yorkshire.
Reporting directly to the Project Manager, the successful candidate will oversee day-to-day operations at site level and be responsible for the supervision of the project and effective deployment of resources to ensure works are delivered incident free and in compliance with company policy, client specifications and within budget.
The role will involve supporting the Site Agent in controlling the construction site’s operational activities; managing health and safety, providing safety briefings, team briefings, task allocation and managing all equipment and material resources on site. Key responsibilities include:
- Building a good working relationship with the client and other key stakeholders
- Liaising with the project team to fully understand the programme for deployment of project resources.
- Supporting the Site Agent to plan, review and prepare each day’s site activity in preparation for daily site briefings.
- Liaising with plant department to ensure that the correct plant and tools are selected and delivered to the project sites in a timely manner and that they are fit for purpose.
- Supporting the Site Agent and Foreman in the interpretation of engineering drawings and specifications ensuring the accurate construction of the works.
- Implementing and maintaining the systems for managing Health & Safety and environmental and ensuring compliance.
- Ensuring that all work carried out on site is in strict compliance with the RAMS
- Monitoring progress continually at the site and reporting to the Contract and Project Manager.
- Supporting the project delivery team to provide daily/weekly/monthly updates.
- Carrying out regular site inspections and checks to ensure all safety, quality and appropriate progress is being maintained.
- Supporting the project delivery team to ensure that all duties and tasks are carried out when coming to the end of a project.
- Ensuring that any Plant defects are recorded and reported in accordance with the business management system.
- Developing apprentices and the workforce to maximise their competence.
- Completing employee reviews in a timely manner.
- Communicate effectively with the workforce to deliver RAMS, toolbox and other briefings.
- Work on own or with the project team to ensure all materials are order and delivered to meet project requirements and in accordance with the programme.
- Effectively manage conflict and negotiation
- Manage, develop and coach site teams to ensure progression within the teams.
What we are looking for
- CPCS Qualification – Minimum of Managers & Professionals level.
- 5 day SMSTS
- First Aid
- Experienced in delivering infrastructure projects and managing whole or sections of a project.
- Clear drive and ambition
- Experienced in working for a self-delivery civil engineering contractor
- Experienced in planning resources and setting resources to work safely and efficiently.
- Knowledge of plant working and training requirements.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- You will work site-based hours and be willing to travel to sites based across Northern England and Scotland.
- Lift supervisor or AP
- Temporary works
What you’ll get in return
We offer the opportunity to develop a long-term career within a progressive and successful business, and a very competitive salary and benefits package. You can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package including company pension
- Discretionary Project Performance Bonus
- Company Vehicle
All our workplaces are Covid secure.
Upload your CV, Covering Letter and Application Form