Construction of building to house mechanical biological treatment (MBT) plant at Wrexham Recycling Park. The plant extracts recyclable material from domestic refuse and transforms the residue into fuel for multifuel power generation facilities.
The works consisted of:
- Brown field site – full remediation works undertaken, including removal of asbestos, prior to commencement of civils works.
- Construction of steel framed building 140m x 67m to house the machinery – 7000m3 of structural concrete placed.
- Construction of 5 concrete drying tunnels (8m x 5.5m x 32m long)
- Stats diversion
- Drainage 940m (MDPE/twinwall) 620m foul drainage – incorporating process drainage.
- Value engineering within the design from Stats diversions to contaminated waste dealt with on site.