Balance of plant civils and electrical infrastructure for 11 Gamesa 850KW turbines.
Major activities included:
- Construction of 4.5km access tracks using site won stone from onsite borrow pit
- Construction of 11 concrete turbine foundations and crane pads
- Construction of substation building
- 4km of cable trenching and installation of cable
- 2km of off-site grid cable laying and connection at point of connection
- Temporary propping of railway bridge located on the access track, carried out by specialist contractor to enable safe turbine deliveries
- Maintenance of 4.5km of existing access track to enable site deliveries
- Temporary diversion of bridleway and footpath in line with local authority requirements
- Electrical infrastructure installation by specialist partner.
- Landscaping and reinstatement work